Dan takes the lead with the programs and events hosted by Fort Meigs, including all the reenactments, special events, workshops, and educational programs. He conducts tours when needed and is also webmaster for fortmeigs.org and manager of Fort Meigs' social media accounts.
- B.A. History, University of Toledo, 2002
- Employed at Fort Meigs since July 2004
- Previously volunteered at the site starting in 1998
- Likes traveling and reenacting
- Enjoys web design
- Likes to tinker on the blacksmith forge
Ashley is responsible for managing Fort Meigs' accounts as well as the museum store. She is also in charge of site rentals and assists with Fort Meigs' social media accounts.
- B.A. Theatre with History Minor, Heidelberg University, 2008
- Employed at Fort Meigs since January 2014
- Held Historical Interpreter position at the site from 2008-2009
- Loves wombats and manatees
- Has been performing on stage since age 2
- Favorite color is purple
- History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived. But if faced with courage, need not be lived again. ~ Maya Angelou
Chief of Maintenance
Dave is in charge of site maintenance and takes care of everything from cleaning the Vistor Center to cutting grass to maintaining the site's vehicles and equipment.
- 1974 graduate of Perrysburg High School
- Employed at Fort Meigs since March 1977
- Enjoys camping, gardening, and fishing