Fireworks on July 3
July 3, 2017
The annual July 3 fireworks at Fort Meigs are a long-standing tradition in Northwest Ohio. While Fort Meigs has long been the place to view the fireworks, Fort Meigs Historic Site does not actually host the event. Below, you can find some helpful information and site rules to help ensure the evening remains enjoyable for everyone involved. Thank you for your compliance.
Rules and Information
- The fireworks are hosted jointly by the cities of Maumee and Perrysburg - not by Fort Meigs Historic Site.
- The Fort Meigs Memorial Bridge (Maumee-Perrysburg Bridge) will be closed starting at 8:00 p.m. July 3.
- The river-side parking lot at the end of Rapids Rd. will be closed leading up to July 3.
- The interior fort grounds will be accessable after 3:00 p.m.
- There will be no public access to the Fort Meigs Visitor Center or buildings within the fort.
- The fireworks will commence at 10:00 p.m.
- Free public parking will be allowed in the Fort Meigs parking lot on a first-come, first-served basis.
- The parking lot will be closed when full.
- Grass parking will be dependant on weather.
- A cordoned off area at the west end of the lot is reserved for Fort Meigs staff and volunteers only.
- RV parking is permitted ONLY at the EAST CUL-DE-SAC of the Fort Meigs parking lot.
- Food vendors are allowed to setup by invitation only.
- Vendor space is currently full.
- Any vendors without invitiations will be asked to leave the property.
- The fireworks rain date is July 4.
- Pets must be on a leash AT ALL TIMES.
- Clean up after yourselves. Please leave our site better than you found it!
Volunteer Help Requested
We seek volunteer help with site cleanup the morning after the fireworks. Staff will be in picking up trash at 9:00 a.m. Tuesday morning. If you can assist with trash pickup, you'll get free admission to our Independence Day 1813 event later that day. Sign up by calling 419-874-4121 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!