We need your help during the Fort Meigs Bicentennial Event: First Siege 1813-2013. Take part in the event!
The Old Northwest Military History Association
The Old Northwest Military History Association was organized in 1993 to support Fort Meigs. The non-profit volunteer group assists staff members with group tours and weekend activities. ONMHA helps create, purchase, and maintain the historical reproductions used at Fort Meigs and also co-sponsors and runs living history events throughout the year.
As a costumed historical interpreter, you have the opportunity to show visitors what life was like at Fort Meigs. Some things you could be involved with include:
- assist with tours
- demonstrate historic skills like cooking, candle-making, woodworking, leather working, and more
- portray a soldier and assist with musket and cannon demonstrations and take part in recreated battles
If you're not interested in dressing the part, we always need volunteers to help out at special events and throughout the year doing other tasks such as:
- helping with food for re-enactors
- customer service in the gift shop
- general maintenance of Fort Meigs
- event set-up and tear-down